Monday, September 10, 2012

Cougar Town

It's finally official, I am a cougar. One of millions here. There are honestly so many people. My first day of school I walked around with my mouth hanging open. I felt like a little ant in a very VERY big School. People  are EVERYWHERE, all the time. It was intimidating, but now I've learned to just weave in and out of people.... or couples to get to class in time. A skill I acquired riding the bus home from school. It was a war trying to get on that yellow bus, Amber and I had the system down. I would fight my way on to save us a seat at the "prime location" and then she would join me when the battle was finished, I clearly was the competitive one. Thank you yellow school bus for preparing me for this mad jungle down here.

BYU vs Weber State. I couldn't pick a side :) Love them both!

It's a whole new world here, I see the funniest things walking around campus. A dad pushing a stroller running at FULL speed to class, (that really happened) two people kissing and riding their bikes at the same time. now that's talent? Next time I will ask if they want to go on America's Got Talent. The Bicyclist on campus are CRAZY! They ride sooo fast and almost run into us while we are walking to class. Scary. Scary. Scary. Thank goodness for the Bike Cops on campus who give out ickets :) They are legit tickets. I hear girls talk about who their "future companion" will be and all of the funny things BYU girls say, it just makes me laugh. BYU is a lot like what people say it is, but I love every second. Even the unusual ones, because It really is an amazing school. "Enter to Learn. Go Forth and Serve"


We painted our apartment. It looks like a home now
First day of school :)
My roommates are awesome. Gabi, Katie, Kadie, Jenna and Lindsay. They made me feel right at home. I feel like we're all family. It's impossible to get any school work done around here because we can't stop chatting. When I get home-sick they make me feel so much better :) I''ve been eating really, really, really, really bad down here. It's so hard to make food for one person when your in a hurry. So we started roommate dinners and I had real food two days in a row. Mom are you proud? No more cereal and chips for dinner anymore. Livin at  ghetto apartment makes me feel like I'm back in Ogden.  The people around here are great. But it's almost to social because we never get any sleep and I turn into a zombie without sleep. Defiantly not a good look.

True fans :)
I've officially hiked the "Y" three times now. I honestly love that hike, especially at night. My first day of school Igot a little lost trying to get back to my apartment so I just walked, and walked, and WALKED around campus and Heleman Halls trying to remember.  A little freshman boy tried to help me, but we both were lost. Bless his little heart for trying. I'm getting better at finding my way around. (yay!)

We made it to the top :)
I spending a lot of time in the library. Harold and I are becoming very good friends. I seriously love that place. I want to start quoting the "Old Spice" BYU commercial all the time. So funny. Every time I see a cart I want to hop on. There are some definite bonuses to going to such a big school. You get to see lots of 'famous' people doing normal things. I saw Riley Nielson and I freaked out.  Maybe one day I will stop acting like a freshman and become a pro at this BYU thing. Just maybe. :)



 
I love Provo. My Roomates. New Friends. New Places. and this New School! I can't wait for more of life's crazy adventures here in Cougar Town.

3 comments:

  1. Love it!

    You will get used to the campus eventually. I promise. Soon you will know all its nooks and crannies and unexpected weirdnesses. Even the shower in the 11th floor women's room of the SWKT. (Yes, it's really there. No, don't ask me why, I have no idea.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aunt Sooz, that's awesome! They should just name the campus after you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Aunt Sooz University" would be a rather odd name. ;)

    ReplyDelete