Monday, September 17, 2012

Overflowing Toilets and other suprises

The roommates and I have made it a goal to clean our apartment up. When we first moved in it was gross. Actually it was disgusting. Trash everywhere. The smell was horrendous. We've washed a layer of grime off the floor, and discovered that the floor isn't really gray it's tan! We've painted our walls :) bought an air freshener. Gotten a new vacuum and cleaned drains out to get the smell to go away. And PRESTO! Our apartment looks tons better now. It's amazing what a little elbow grease can do to a place. 

Cleaning the Apt up 

Last week we were all doing our homework when the toilet started overflowing. We had no idea. The girls below ran up and told us mysterious water was coming from the ceiling, we opened the bathroom door and behold toilet water was everywhere. We somehow stopped the water form overflowing and called for help. but it was Gross!! I am not a toilet water kind of girl. The RA didn't even now what to do so we just left it over night. Bad idea, apparently toilet water and toilet paper don't mix when dried. Luckily the maintenance man fixed our toilet (yay) but didn't clean up the mess....that was up to us. I slapped on some gloves (thanks Gabi!) conjured some courage and went at it. The floors, toilet, and tub were sparkling by the time I was done.
 Gabi and I took the trash out, that was defiantly the worst part...water from the "great flood" hadn't evaporated and was still sloshing around in that trash. Water doesn't go well with feminine products and other goodies, sooo NASTY! we were gagging the whole way to the trash can. but I honestly think the toilet overflowing was a blessing, because the bathroom looks better than it EVER has here. So Thank you toilet for malfunctioning.

Amber came to visit me! It's been soo hard being away from her and the rest of my family. I miss them like crazy. It was a blast having her here! I got to show her around P-Town. We went to Red Mango...(one of our favorites) and Brick Oven which is also delicious! and topped it all off with BYU Creamery ice cream. Chocolate chip cookie dough with a doughy cookie on top. The angels above were singing. It was amazing. I also think that if there is the word cookie dough in it there is no calories because it's not cooked, right?

That right there is Chicken Alfredo Pizza. Try some, it's delicious!

 We watched the BYU vs UTAH game at a friends apartment..... what a crazy game. The cougs were soo close. I'm sad we lost, but I'm not disappointed in the team. They fought hard and I will love my cougars no matter what. Does anyone know where the kicker lives? I want to make him some cookies. Poor guy. I hope he doesn't feel to bad about that field goal.
 

Go COUGS!!
 
Amber had to leave and I was soo sad. It was hard to say goodbye...trying to smile while crying difficult. I miss her already and It's only been a day. Good thing she married an awesome guy, otherwise I would probably drive to Ogden and kidnap her on a regular basis.

Goodbye's are so hard
 
School is crazy. I love it. I need a new major. Suggestions are welcome. It's so hard to pick. I'll figure it our eventually, hopefully sooner than later! I also got to hike the Y.... again! Yay! I love that hike. I keep acting like a freshman sometimes and it's embarrassing, but I honestly can't help it, I get so excited for little things. I got to meet President Samuelson (he's such a nice guy!) Dad told me BYU is a "little-big world". So true! I love it. I love my new school, my roommates, skype, and all the things I'm learning here! I'm so grateful to be surrounded by such amazing people!  
 
 
XOX

2 comments:

  1. I love your stories! Sounds like you are already having quite the time. A major is so hard to pick! I've switched back and forth probably 3 or 4 times. You'll figure it out though :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you would be a GREAT elementary education teacher!!! Sounds like you are having a BLAST at school!!! Enjoy it!!! You are right, girls apartments are disgusting!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete