Sunday, November 25, 2012

Turkey Day and lots of "Thanks-givings"

This is the best time of the year. There is a buzz in the air, people are more giving and it's a time to turn to the true meaning of the season. So much Family time and so much love for our neighbors, strangers and friends. I absolutely love it :) Makes me realize how much I have to be grateful for.
I honestly could go on and on about everything I'm grateful for....so to save time I wont, BUT I am so THANKFUL for this time of year.

Family time :) 
My family came to my grandparents home in Spanish Fork for Thanksgiving Day this year. They did that so I wouldn't have to drive home, (in case the roads were bad) Roommate Gabi came with, I'm soo glad she did! She should just become adopted into my family. Gabriela Houghton has a nice ring to it, don't ya think?
I love thanksgiving because you can stuff yourself and not feel bad about it, usually I get in a food coma and sleep the meal off, but this year I was enjoying a 2nd piece of pumpkin pie and started to throw up..... gross! soo no more stuffing myself silly for me. I learned my lesson. Oh well. Good bye glorious youth! By the way, Shout out to Grandma Houghton for a delicious Thanksgiving Dinner! She is so wonderful, I'm so lucky to have her as an example. Maybe one day I will be able to cook like her.

Let's eat! :) 

Going to throw up...literally

Happy Food Babies

We watched Ever After AND Phantom of the Opera. (Clearly the girls outnumber the boys in my family) It was so great. We played Mah-jong (a must) and WHOSEIT, but most of all it was great to just be with my family again. I love family time! I'm so grateful I got to see my family again, It was a wonderful day!

Mah-jonging away. Gabi's a pro now
Sometimes Rachel likes to take beautiful pictures of herself
Can you spot the photo bomber? 

Sad news..... Spike passed away. I was devastated. He contracted Ich, my roommates all tried to help him, and thanks to them Spike lasted a week longer. They made him an incubator  and a medicine chart, they even stayed up till the wee hours of the morning treating him. And I AM SO GRATEFUL to them! They are the best. Honestly how did I get such great roommates?   I think I gave him with too much Ich medicine. Poor guy was so swollen. The ich just over took his body :( he held on for a long time, but just didn't make it. I was heartbroken. We tried to resuscitate him with a battery (we heard it can bring them back) It made his little lifeless body zap up and down. Kinda like in the movies....but on humans. But he was blue lined and we had to say our goodbyes.
The white spots are the Ich (it got much worse, poor little guy)

:(
 We had a nice little funeral for him. We marched him to the porcelain throne and each said our goodbyes. I may have shed a couple tears for that adorable little fish. I flushed him and wished him luck on his last adventure. We even had a moment of silence for him.Sounds silly but my roommates did all that for me. So I could have closure for that little guy. I just loved fish so much, fish are the only pets I have ever had, and it means so much that they supported me. I Love them!

So we have now successfully killed 6 fish. We are all taking a break from them right now, we can't handle another little guy leaving us.

Good Bye Spike! 


My mission papers are in so I will be MIA for about 18 months. :) I'm so excited to go out and serve! I get my call on Wednesday!! Holy cow! I'm so nervous. It keeps me up at night worrying about where I'm going to go. My Bishop said that the call's been decided already! AWWW, I had a slight freak out moment, I am honestly soo excited. Wherever I am called, I am ready! So stoked :)

My cute roommate Kadie got her call. They over-nighted it to her from Colorado  Gabi and I went with her when she opened it at Utah Lake. I am so excited for her. The call is honestly perfect for her, she is going to be an awesome missionary, but I am going to miss her terribly! March 27th!


Kadie's mission call!!! :) 

I'm so excited for this time of year! I wish everyone a wonderful start to this season! Try not to get trampled by crazy shoppers! They are out there, I've seen them. 

More adventures coming in the future :) Love you all! 






No comments:

Post a Comment