Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Car Wrecks


It happened again……I think I’m just prone to them. It might be the fact that I get side tracked really easily orrr I freak out in stressful situations maybe it’s a combination of the two but either way I’m a BAD driver.  The only reason I got my license was because Pete (the proctor man) said “I could tell you were nervous…..so even though you missed 46 points I’m passing you” I could have just kissed that man right on the lips! Yeephee! But now I’m thinking maybe he should have never given me a license because I’m prone to hitting things….

·         An elderly ladies car (my very first encounter hitting something I cried for hours, I was traumatized)

·         A light pole on my way to school, thankfully the snow cushioned the blow and no one was hurt. (remember that Aimee?)

·         That poor cat that was in the street, it was no match for my family’s minivan. Rest its little soul

·         A little birdie, that one kinda ran into me

·         A trash can….ok many trash cans. One of the biggest dents in my car is from a recycling bin. How does that happen?

·         I dented the side of my car running for my life answering a boy back to senior cotillion too. Good times.

·         A Big white truck on the way to school……not my best moment. (Remember that one too Aimee? You’re my car/accident buddy)

·         Today I hit a sweet girls car, totally my fault, just ran into the back of her. It’s moments like those when you wish you could reverse time. But she was soo nice. I made a new friend out of it J
The day I got Calinte! *notice no dents :)



Every time I’ve bumped, squashed, hit or ran in the back of something…..I was traumatized, but after a while it became funny. Mom always says “Crisis +  Time = Humor” and that’s soo true! I’m the laughing joke in the family about car issues…but when it happens and I’m upset Mom just holds me and strokes my hair and I feel tons better. I have wonderful family and friends who are so thoughtful and helpful when I get in a pickle. Amber and JT came to the rescue and roped up my bumper so I could drive home (only a boy scout would have rope in their backpack?) So even though today was a NO GOOD VERY BAD HORRIBLE DAY, it actually turned out to be a great day! Thanks to all the friends and family support! Life is beautiful.

2 comments:

  1. Ooh Heather! Sorry you had a bad day but glad you had family there at your side. We miss you all! Love you tons!
    <3 Aunt Kristi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather, I worry about the number of near misses. We are glad you have avoided tragedy and injury. But...take it from the lady who fell asleep and drove across the highway and took out a fence...life can change in a hurry. Please be careful. Love ya, Grandma

    ReplyDelete